With its stunning scenery, big range of activities and its excellent reputation, Queenstown, as the adventure capital of New Zealand (and maybe even of the world) is one of the most popular destinations in New Zealand. This city is surround by the majestic Remarkables Mountains and is set on the shores of the crystal clear Lake Wakatipu. The natural beauty of this region creates the perfect scenery for a holiday full of adventure, exploration and relaxation.
Things to see and do in Queenstown
In Queenstown and its surroundings you can go for walks, adventure activities, Lord of the Rings scenery tours, skiing and so much more.
Home to the greatest adventure activities Queenstown has adrenaline activities for every thrill seeker:
- Skydiving – Go for the ultimate adrenaline rush and jump out of a plane.
- Bungee jumping – Go for the iconic ‘jump-from-a-bridge’ feeling.
- Bungee swing – Enjoy the World’s largest swing: the Nevis Swing (I did this, it is stunning).
- Whitewater rafting – Experience a rollercoaster ride on wild rivers.
- Canyon Swinging – Zip through the forest at high speed.
- Jet boat – Enjoy the exhilaration of a speeding jet boat as it shoots through narrow canyons.
Are you not an adrenaline seeker? No worries, Queenstown has still so much to offer:
- Lord of the Rings Scenery Tour – Visit some of the places where these famous movies were made.
- Skiing & Snowboarding – During winter Queenstown is the perfect place to enjoy a nice day on the slopes.
- Walking & Hiking – Pick your walk and discover the beautiful nature that surrounds Queenstown.
- Queenstown from above – Take the gondola and enjoy a breathtaking view over Queenstown, the mountains and the lake.
Eats & Drinks in Queenstown
And of course, there are plenty of places where you can enjoy good food and drinks.
- Fergburger – the absolute BEST place to get a hamburger. I promise you, these burgers are simply the best.
- Patagonia Chocolates – Ready for dessert and a chocolate fan? Then this is the place to be for you.
- Below Zero Ice Bar – Experience a below zero moment while holding an ice-cold drink in this Ice Bar.
- Bob’s Weigh – Enjoy the best bagels in town at this place.
- Mrs Ferg Gelateria – Get some delicious ice cream here.
- Fat Badgers Pizza Bar – Here you can get huge pizzas that are big enough to share with a couple of people.